Tagging a Completed Podcast
You can do this process after you create the episode art.
Tagging is a detailed aspect that is very important to publishing professional podcasts.
Properly tagging the file organizes it in iTunes, displays the show and episode art and does a few more things.
It’s a quick process.
- Locate the Finished Audio File
- In the Episode Folder titled: (Episode#) (Guest Name) [e.g. 22 Robert Greene]
- Open the file in ID3 Editor
- Right Click the file icon > Open With > ID3 Editor
- Use iTunes to tag it
- Right Click the file > Get Info
- Open the Tagging file in the Episode Folder (https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0j6if07nmlc7kf/TaggingLoveAffairTravelPodcast.rtf)
- Input information from Tagging File into iTunes box
- Once all the info and art is written to the mp3 click OK
- CloseTagging File
- Click and Drag the file from iTunes to your Episode Folder
- Essentially save a copy to your Episode Folder
- Move onto next step
- Delete the previous version of your final show
- Drag the icon to the Trash
- Rename your final product (Episode Number) (Guest Name)
- e.g. 23 Robert Greene
- Huzzah! You’re Done. This file is ready to go out to the world. You’ve made something that thousands of people will benefit from. Congratulations.
- Move on to Uploading to Libsyn SOP