Honestly, I can’t hear the difference with my current headphones or the car speakers I tested it on.
Reason I Choose 128kb Bitrate:
- 100 mb vs. 50 mb is about 30 seconds of downloading… a marginal benefit
- Storage space is becoming cheaper every year
- Services like Stitcher automatically create lower bit-rate versions of the file
- It’s easy to create a lower bitrate file from a higher one… but impossible to go the other direction
- 50 years from now, who knows the audio technology that will be available and perhaps having that higher bitrate will be worth something to someone looking back