The first time I edited a podcast was in 2011. I had no idea at the time what amazing things would happen as a result of developing that skill.
For the past five years, Freedom Podcasting Company LLC has grown from a laptop experiment to a multi-national company. It’s been an amazing ride. We’ve never slowed down in offering world-class podcast production services to the people who trust us enough to turn their recordings into valuable web properties.
I was invited to speak to a group of young entrepreneurs in Chiang Mai, Thailand. In the discussion, I tell the story of the founding of the company for the first few minutes. Then I speak about podcasting strategy and how to clarify the vision for the show before starting. We even discuss some of the technical specifics of getting your recordings onto iTunes.
The goal was to offer as much value to young entrepreneurs exploring the idea of using a podcast to grow their businesses.
- The story behind creating the Freedom Podcasting Company LLC [0:00]
- How to promote and grow podcasts [4:30]
- An overview of podcasting platforms [7:44]
- How podcasting works the way we do it [9:20]
- Ian’s thinking on transcription services [11:40]
- How to approach someone you want to be a guest of the show [13:25]
- Strategies for identifying if you should have transcriptions with your podcast [16:44]
- About Libsyn as a media hosting and RSS podcast tool [17:30]
- Using webinars to create podcasts and if YouTube is important [19:55]
- What we do at Freedom Podcasting Company [23:25]
- On the most creative formats in podcasting and the absolute beginners production process [24:30]
- Using podcasting to enhance the story your business tells [29:20]
- On the publishing frequency of podcasting [29:59]
- Tips on growing your podcast’s audience [30:40]
- On video podcasting, blab and periscope [32:15]
- The demographics of podcast listeners [36:25]
Podcast Production Services and Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- Learn more about Chris Ducker
- Learn more about Lewis Howes and The School of Greatness
- Learn about Tropical MBA, their process process and the Tropical MBA podcast
- Listen to the Beauty Biz Show, an example of an authority building website
- Check out The Startup School by Seth Godin and StartUp by Gimlet Media
- Intellitext may be a good solution if you’re seeking transcription services
- Listen to Ian’s podcast, Love Affair Travel
- Check out Mari Pimenta’s podcast, Exciting Careers
- Learn more about Libsyn, Soundcloud, Blubrry as a media host for your podcast
- Learn more about Rob Fortney and subscribe to Amazon Gorillaz Sellers Podcast
- Listen to Jonathan Field’s Good Life Project
- Check out AllRiot, Margarita’s t-shirt company
- See the podcasting recording studio that we recommend at Freedom Podcasting
- Want an example of consistent podcasting? Check out Entrepreneur on Fire
- Want an example of story telling podcasting? Check out This American Life and Freakonomics
- More creative formats? Listen to The Tim Ferriss Show, Hardcore History or 10 Minute Podcast
- Check out Chris’s YouTube channel
Podcast Production Service Questions?
Please let me know if you have any questions or follow up information in the comments below.